Diane Hill, Director of Ka’nikonhriyohtshera: Fostering Emergence of the Good Mind teamed up with Jordan Miller, Program Animator for R.E.A.L. School: Reality Education & Applied Life Skills Leadership Program to deliver a presentation on both of these exciting and innovative programs for adults and youth!
The ONECA 32nd Annual Conference held in Sault Ste. Marie, ON was attended by education counsellors, teachers and representatives of Aboriginal post-secondary education programs and services across the province of Ontario. Here are a few key comments taken from the workshop evaluations submitted:
* Intelligent and such wonderful presenters in a mother/son team! The hands-on learning activities, power point information and demonstrations were clear. I can bring the ideas shared and their unique way of thinking back to my students!
* Diane touched on the process of how to change how you think! Amazing!
* I would really like to take the longer 3 Day Workshop if offered at the next ONECA Conference.
* The most powerful workshop ever! They gave us information for how to change and heal ourselves and how to understand the power of the Good Mind. To bring this level of understanding of energy to our youth makes the R.E.A.L. School concepts very purposeful Thank you! Thank you!
* This workshop takes the exploration of self beyond our common understanding and the Good Mind helps youth and adults alike to seek their truth.
* To trust the device of the body and how to live and work through the body! I really enjoyed this workshop!
* These programs are transformative and in-line with our Aboriginal communities’ needs! The information was structured and very well-presented.
* Amazing information and so meaningful to me! I’m open to taking the next steps…workshops?…..conferences? To learn more…..
* Amazing insight and engaging presentation. This information is extremely valuable and easy to relate to. I appreciate the activities that R.E.A.L. School shared!
* A great understanding of spiritual energy! Wow…..
* They are interesting and knowledgeable and know what they are talking about.
* I find it very interesting to be able to re-learn our ways of Indigenous knowing & learning.
* Absolutely wonderful! My spirit was awakened so this is just what I needed ☺
* She was able to make a real connection to the realities of Western education and how we need to re-focus and to re-infuse Indigenous ways of developing the whole person! Change is possible!
* Both Diane and Jordan are amazing presenters! Their work and material needs to be incorporated or made mandatory in our schools’ curriculum.🙌